Monday, May 9, 2011

Flygerian: Darey and Siji

Hey everyone, school is over and summer as begun. I’m back. I have not been able write because of school engagements. However, I promise to put everyone in the circle this summer. Since this is my first official post for the summer I’m plugging you two dope music coupled with terrific and creatively directed videos. My pick are Darey and Siji. They are indeed flygerians they are doing it big.

Darey is one artist that delivers both lyrically and in terms of outstanding videos (if you have seen any of his videos I suggest you do). His works are simply good quality. Darey just drop a double album titled “Double Dare”. The video is not the regular we get to see often and overdosed with. It is dopely flygerian. This single is “Ba Ni Kidi”. Watch, dance and enjoy!


Darey - Ba Ni Ki Di from Darey on Vimeo.

Siji is an artist I just came under my radar. I have listened to few of his work and I’m a fan already. I’m a big fan of Asa, Beautiful Nubia and Lagbaja (in that order). It feels great to add another person to that list. Siji is a young Nigerian who spent his early years in Nigeria and London before moving to the US to pursue his music ambitions. The video and the storyline of his song is beautiful. Maybe I would name my daughter Morenike. Enjoy.


SIJI - "Morenike" (Official Video) from SIJI on Vimeo.

Darey and Siji are great artists that are in love with the art. Their music is great. I hope you find them outstanding as I do. I really suggest you listen to songs like this. There is a flygerian in all of us. Happy summer

No comments:

Post a Comment