Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So Far... So GOOD?

School has been overwhelming so I apologize for not creating time for blogging.  Every time I read about Nigeria online its intriguing to see how much attention the April election is getting. The month is almost over so I would highlight the major event thus far.  This month was painted with campaigns and most importantly the series of debates. Even though I missed the debates when it aired live I am proud of myself that I took time out to watch the clips on YouTube. I encourage y’all to do the same.

The question is so far…so good? I watched the debate hosted by NN24 and the “What about us” which aired on Channels. Most of the front runners honored the invites but the GEJ ( the facebook  president) did not show up for both debates. If you remember the Vice President did not show up for NN24 debate.  Gen. Buhari, Mallam Ribadu, Bashorun Momodu and Mallam Shekarau all presented their cases.  I was neither too impressed by their responses nor disappointed. However it’s a gleam of hope that 2015 would be an interesting year.  I respect their confidence to speak to Nigerian unedited and unscripted unlike some GEJ.  Here are highlights from both debates:





                     
Most of the responses were not concrete and it left me wondering what kind of people they have on their campaign teams.  Mallam Shekarau based on some polls was declared winner of both debates.  The man is an incumbent Governor and he exploited his position by mentioning Kano in most of his answers. Look out for him.  His strategy (situational resource) was likewise employed by Gov. Fashola in the Lagos debate. 

In a related development, there is another debate to be conducted by BON (a government agency). President Jonathan is the only candidate to have honored the invitation.

Please check out the clips about and watch the full debates on YouTube.   Let me know what y'all think.

P.S

2 comments:

  1. How many Nigerians make their decisions based on debates? I believe we need proper sensitization on the importance of knowing the candidate's agenda because majorly, Nigerians vote based on political party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chuks: debates are good and i support them. If choices are made based on party affiliation we knw those that are on the bad side of the public. i think the presidential is based on the individuals. Every candidate is relatively known nationally.

    thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete